For many, it’s uninspiring stuff. For us tax consultants, all those rules, regulations, hard numbers and facts of tax law are brain food for our eggheads. Yet superior tax advice calls for something more than just brainpower. It requires good instincts that can foresee evolving developments, as well as open mindedness that encourages out-of-the-box creativity and grasps interconnections. And with this balanced skillset, we specialize in two areas.
For starters, we’re consultants to consultants: not everyone can know everything down to the last detail, especially when time and effort are better spent looking after one’s clients. That’s why we offer support to our colleagues with their complex tax-law issues. Our guiding policy: we take over your responsibility, not your client.
We also provide consulting for companies which expect us to be the smartest brains in the room but still demand a dialogue on equal footing.
We can talk all day about ourselves, but sometimes it’s better to read what others think about us and our work. (Spoiler alert: it’s not at all bad!).
Up to now, all of our press coverage has been in German-language media, but here are the links anyway. Use an online translation tool, you’ll get the gist of it.
- Wie Oma doch noch ausziehen kann, Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung vom 20.08.2023, S. 28 – mit Statements von Gabriela Hellstern und Robin Hierl
- Bericht über die Steuerfachtagung 2020 des StB-Verbands Niedersachsen Sachsen-Anhalt am 16./17.09.2020 in Celle (Auszug Cyan 03/2020)
- Google-Steuer trifft die Falschen, F.A.Z. 06.03.2019
- Peter & Partner holen Weltstar Zucchero auf die Festivalbühne auf Schloss Kapfenburg, Aalener Nachrichten 16. Mai 2018 (Seite 12)
- „Kanzlei strukturiert Mega-Deal“, Wirtschaft Regional 06/2017
- Vorstellung unserer Kanzlei im Magazin Xaver 03/2016
Only up-to-date, competent knowledge will give you and your co-workers any advantage. We’re pleased to pass on our know-how by lecturing and training at courses, seminars and other special events.
Here are the upcoming courses, lectures and seminars where we will be speaking:
- Internationales Steuerrecht - Aktuelle Entwicklungen bei Fällen mit Inlandsbezug, die man kennen muss, Steuerfachtagung des Steuerberaterverbands Niedersachsen, 28.02.2024, Hannover Congress-Centrum
- Live-Webinar zum Thema § 6 Abs. 5 EstG im Lichte der aktuellen Rechtsprechung (Bverfg v. 28.11.2023-2 BVI 8/13), Peter & Partner
- Umsatzsteuer in der EU - Typische Fallkonstellationen und Fallstricke im B2B-Bereich, 12./13.03.2024, Steuerberaterverband Baden-Württemberg, (Webinar)
- Intensivkurs Internationales Steuerrecht, 11./12.06.2024, nwb Verlag, Köln
- Internationales Steuerrecht - Basiswissen für Praktiker/innen, 25./26.06.2024, Steuerberaterverband Baden-Württemberg (Webinar)
- Internationales Steuerrecht – Basiswissen für Praktiker/innen, 05./06.11.2024, Steuerberaterverband Rheinland-Pfalz (Webinar)
- Intensivkurs Internationales Steuerrecht, 03./04.12.2024, nwb Verlag, (Webinar)
And here is a taste of our past events: Event history
What separates us from those “top-drawer” tax-advisory firms?
Think of it like getting tender-loving care from the hospital’s chief physician. With us, you benefit directly from our A-list talent. At least one of our partners, maybe even a whole team of our top specialists, work with you arm-in-arm, eye-to-eye.
Let’s face it: Based in Aalen, we can’t pretend to impress clients with our swanky street address, so we need to impress you all the more with our bespoke, out-of-the-box approaches to consulting. We’re not afraid to get roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty!
How about taking us out for a test drive? Whether you’re just looking for second opinion or want to trade-in right now, please feel free to choose from our broad array of options:
- International tax law
- Corporate tax law
- Reorganization tax law
- Value added tax law
- Support as “External” tax department
- Tax optimization / abatement
- Transfer-pricing issues
- Tax Compliance
- Legacy/ inheritance tax issues – domestic and international
- Real estate transfer tax law
And don’t dare think that we’re just a bunch of local yokels! Of course, we work hand-in-hand with a network of international experts (please pardon us for not listing them here, but we’ll be happy to show you our secret weapons when we meet in person, okay?).
Let’s not forget to mention all those beloved bedrocks of accounting:
- Annual reports
- Tax returns
- Payroll and administrative accounting
While an “elite” firm might hold its upturned nose while providing such basic services, we see them as laying a foundation to build a long-lasting and multifaceted relationship with you.
To become: a common verb, yet it has so many meanings:
To emerge – to come to pass – to undergo change – to develop – to be suitable for – to grow. Only those who first gain expertise themselves can then put it down in writing, so that they can help others to become.
Here you’ll find a list of all our books, chapter essays, commentaries, contributions to trade publications, and other assorted literature.
Sure, you know your day-to-day business like the back of your hand. But you’re not alone when every now and then you need to dig deeper into complex issues that come up only once in a blue moon. When you just don’t have the time to dig for it, don’t worry! We’ve got your back.
At the end of the concert, when your throat is getting sore and you think you’re losing your audience, we’ll help you take it to the next level. We won’t step into your spotlight – we’ll just give you the chance to shine in front of your most demanding audience. Whatever song they request for an encore, as your back-up band we’re ready to accompany you. And you can be absolutely certain that we relieve you only of your responsibilities, not your client.
Specifically, we can help out in such situations:
- Tax opinions
- External audits
- Judicial and extrajudicial appeal proceedings
- Troubleshooting strategies custom tailored to your client’s needs
More and more in recent years, these topics have called for certain specialization:
Reorganization, international tax law, corporate tax law, legacy planning, value added tax, real estate transfer tax
Yeah, we understand. Our inboxes are also overflowing with all newsletters we’ve subscribed to. We take no great joy if we’re just adding ours on to your pile, so we present two possibilities:
1) Bookmark this page and come back every so often to read our newsletter whenever you are relaxed enough to actually get something out of it. This will calm you down while it educates you and helps build your self-discipline (but only if you come back regularly).
2) Self-discipline unlikely? Here’s a quicker way. Go to your inbox and unsubscribe to any newsletter you’ve left unread, then subscribe to ours instead. There, wasn’t that easy? Best news of the day!
Sure, every employer will tell you that they’re so amazing. What’s great about us is that we really are!
All joking aside, we’re based in Aalen – not exactly the center of the universe. And even though we’ve getting much closer to it with our office in Cologne, there are still a few things we’re missing: like a dog-eat-dog environment between co-workers; one-upmanship; exhibiting arrogant behavior to our clients; and slaving away 70 hours every week. With us, it’s all about a collective effort toward honest consulting and hard work that still leaves enough time to enjoy a private life.
If this sounds good to you and you’re a smart cookie looking for a dream date with tax law, please drop us a line. We’ve got a lot to offer and would love to speak with you about how we can meet each other’s needs.